Our Corporate Sponsors
Founded on over a century and a half of experience, Laing O’Rourke is an international engineering enterprise, with operations in Europe, Australia and the Middle East. Through our fully integrated offer we are delivering a single-source solution for some of the world’s most prestigious organisations. Our 2025 mission is to be the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry.
METS Ignited is the industry-led, government-funded Industry Growth Centre for the Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) sector. METS Ignited aims to drive Australia’s $86B METS sector to become even a stronger player in the local and global mining industry and help it transition from the mining industry to a highly innovative sector through the adoption of cutting-edge technology and practices. A key focus for METS Ignited is to work with the mining ecosystem to improve the culture of collaboration and commercialisation between researchers, mining, capital and METS sector. METS Ignited is a not-for-profit company established through the Australian Government’s Growth Centres initiative and is hosted at QUT Gardens Point, Brisbane.
Symbiotic Innovations works with organizations, academic institutions, guideline groups and local community organizations — wherever there is a challenge to be solved.
- We work with small, medium and large companies within the resource and adjacent sectors, developing their innovation strategies.
- We help start-up companies develop product plans and engagement strategies.
- We develop product and pivot strategies for technology companies.
- We write roadmaps leading to full autonomous mining operation.
- We realize the potential for the greater application of robotic technologies to the resources sector — realising orebody intelligence capabilities, performing maintenance inspection and operation, and removing humans from dangerous situations — no humans in dirty, dull and dangerous roles.
Our Primary Capability Streams:
- Future-possible Innovation Strategies.
- Robotics and Automation Expertise.
- Start-up Ecosystems.
- Relationships within the Resource Industry.